Gorgeous vegan pancakes and vegan caramel sauce by the fanta
Gorgeous vegan pancakes and vegan caramel sauce by the fantastic @appleofmyeye_ldn to celebrate #worldveganday 🌱🤩
Here’s how 👇
300g SR flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
400ml Nooj milk using 80g Nooj (either cashew or almond) and 320ml water. Add a splash of water to the Nooj, mix, then gradually add the rest.
1 tbsp oil for cooking
– Slowly add the Nooj milk to the other ingredients, whisking as you go till you have a smooth batter.
– Fry for a couple minutes each side
Salted caramel sauce
110g cashew nooj
220ml maple syrup
Pinch of sea salt
– Add the Nooj to a bowl, gradually mix in the water to loosen.
– Heat the syrup in a pan, simmer for a few minutes to reduce slightly, it will thicken and darken.
– After a few minutes mix with the nooj paste and add salt to taste (just add a small pinch to start with).
– pour over your pancakes and enjoy 🥰