Bringing the taste of Italian summers to your kitchen with t
Bringing the taste of Italian summers to your kitchen with this delightful Lemon Amaretti Cake by @niecebakes 🍋🍋🍋
We’re big fans of Vaniece’s baking and LOVED what she had to say about our nut pastes:
“I used Almond Nooj to make this and it makes the cake taste just like a lemon amaretti! I love using it as an emulsifier so the texture of the cake is spot on.”
Try it for yourself with the recipe below👇
For the cake:
🍋75g softened unsalted butter or plant based butter block
🍋90g icing sugar
🍋130g cake flour
🍋1/2 tsp baking powder
🍋Zest and juice of a lemon
🍋40g @noojfood almond paste
For the frosting
🍋50g icing sugar
🍋1 tbsp water
🍋Zest of 1/2 lime
-preheat oven to 170C
1. Whisk butter until soft and smooth
2. Add icing sugar and whisk until creamy white colour
3. Add eggs gradually (little by little), fully combine before adding more. Mix until a homogeneous batter forms. Add almond paste and lemon zest, mix throughly.
4. Add cake flour and baking soda. Lightly mix until just incorporated. Stir in lemon juice.
5. Line the loaf tin with parchment paper
6. Transfer batter to the tin
7. Bake for 50 minutes at 170C. At 25 minutes, use a knife to cut a straight line on the top to allow a better rise.
8.For the frosting, combine icing sugar and water and brush into the cake once it’s fully cooled. While the icing is still drying, sprinkle some lime zest.
#bake #baking #lemon #lemoncake #veganlemoncake #plantbasedbaking #lemonamaretti #amaretti #cake #cakesofinstagram #bakersofig #bakersgonnabake #getbaking #sunday #sundayfunday #sundaybakes #Nooj #Noojit